Introducing: ME to Myself


Yeah. 

So what to write about me? 
Introductions can be pretty shallow. Or they can be flowery and full of sugar. 

I'm going to give you real. 


And short. Kind of like a brief visit from a little birdie. I love birds! 

I am Rachel. Daughter of a Latvian and a Pole. 
The Latvian side screams at me constantly with creative ideas. 
Drawing, coloring, writing. 
Words. 
Embroidery, cross stitching, beading and weaving. 
Spinning fiber. 
Knitting and not much crocheting. 
Patterns. Colors. Textures. 
Those pictures are all to come. You'll have to visit often. 
The Polish side is stubborn, strong willed at times, and shows in the loyalty to my family. I love a good 'kraut. And Polish Easter celebrations. Traditional. 


I am a mother of 4. Twins. Identical, why yes! Boys. Older and a younger. 
I am a wife. He's pretty groovy. 24 years of groovy. I'll keep him. 

I take care of old people. In their homes. Because I care. I started early, when I was 18. My great grandmother. The original from Poland. She was a difficult woman. But we got along. 

I am a teacher. At home and at a school. Kids. Young and old. Knitting & academics. 

I am a survivor. Cancer. Yep, YUCK. Just yuck. But blessed by it as well. Irony lives within me. 

I am a Jesus follower. YUP. God! He rocks my world. He would love to rock yours. But He is quiet and knocks gently. I do too. I usually don't hit people over the head with the cross. But I would also like to think its what I don't say sometimes that will point to the cross. It's real for me. 

I have a dog. She's naughty. But we love her. Our expensive "can't hunt" family dog. 

I used to rodeo. On a horse, why yes! I do love the quiet strength of the horse. I admire from afar now. My riding days are over. But in my dreams I still fly fast on 4 legs. 

I am a quiet rebel. I may not agree, but I won't always tell you. I may nod on the outside, but on the inside I scream NO! I also take the blame and try to make peace. I still love you. I have a hard time hating. It's my "being fabric." Can't change it. I frown when I am in conflict. I usually am not aware of that upside down face. I'm working on it. 

I love to chat. With coffee or tea. 
Preferably, with knitting happening at the same time. 


Join me on this journey. 
WORDS. 
COMFORT.
PASSION. 
Sharing. 

This is me. 

Comments

Popular Posts